Monday, December 20, 2010

Tis' the season to be jolly. fa la la la la la la la la.

Oh the enthusiasm of this season. Isn't it just yummy? I love it. Family coming into to town. Last minute shopping. wrapping presents. Baking food. Praising God for what He has given me. That I could never deserve.

Here's a quick random bunny trail: Every year me and my siblings vote on who is "head elf" for Christmas. That means who is in charge of wrapping the main presents, and being bossy.. and things like that. This year... I was voted out. I didn't even make fourth elf. Not even "replacement elf". I felt so left out. ( actually I still feel left out.) But I guess I deserved it.. Last year I was quite the.. ummm...  Enthusiastic "head elf"... (That's a good word...)

So anyway. I'm not bitter about it. (Not much.)

I also love the music in this season... Actually I even love it before the season starts... Like in July...or April...

You can't beat the classics of Frank Sinatra singing Jingle Bells. Or Nat King Cole and Oh come all ye' faithful. Goodness. If people can sing like that here, in a world full of sin. Who can imagine what the voices will sound like in Heaven? (You can't.)

Last Sunday after church we all sang hymns for like an hour. It was so amazing. Just an hour to lift our voices to praise the King. How awesome listening to children sing that really care and have such a heart for Christ.

I love it.

So stay warm,  and remember to praise God and give Him all the glory in this wonderful season he has blessed us with!

Love ya all!

2 comments:

  1. Maddie,

    I miss your SWEET enthusiasm! :)
    Thanks for sharing!

    Merry Christmas ~*~

    K~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing, i will remmeber to keep praising God:)

    ReplyDelete