Tuesday, December 14, 2010

To love the Church, TFO, puppets, and don't dance.

Hello, hello. So. I just got back from an awesome conference.Called to Love the Church, speakers like Paul Washer, Doug Phillips, Joel Beeke, etc. About 8 sermons a day. For three days. It was amazing. To say the least. We took an awesome friend, Kayla. and a ton of other friends were there.

One of the really awesome things that happened there, was that my sister and friend Kayla, called me into the parking lot freaking out, they then took me to the back of a white van, and showed me the "teens4orphans.org" bumper sticker. So I texted Kade, slightly freaking out at the thought of there being someone from Arkansas who knew the same people, and were for the same small organization, and just happened to park their car next to mine. So he told me who they were, ( he also suggested I camp out by there car? Which was a no go for me.)

Anyway. I never found them.

Since my last blog post, The Living Christmas tree play was amazing. It has snowed. A lot. Therefore I have not gone running. I have not had to use the pepper spray. We did not watch Casablanca, we watched Amazing Grace.

I still have no pictures.... I mean I have a ton... Just not on my computer yet. We have not taken the laptop to the Genius Bar. Yet.

This is random.. Slightly....

A few weeks ago we were going to a festival and this was my little brother, and father's conversation:

Dad: "Son you have to go to sleep"
Eli: "Why?"
Dad: "Because we have to go to a festival in the morning"
Eli: "Yaya!"
Dad: "yup so you need to get some sleep"
Eli: " Wait... Will there be puppets?!!??"
Dad: " What?!"
Eli: "Will there be puppets?!"
Dad: " Probably not..."
Eli: "Aww man... I love those things."
Dad: " I'll buy you some socks, don't worry."
Eli:" What?"
Dad: "never mind...."

It just makes me laugh. And when my brother starts to dance, and my father tells him... " Son... Stop... Men don't dance."

I love it.

Hopefully pictures to come soon! I will up load some cute videos though in the mean time.

Love ya all!

4 comments:

  1. So where was this conference? I might know who you are talking about.

    Ky

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! Love it! "men don't dance" :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Ky It was in Asheville. :) @Kendall I know! I love it too! And I'll send you that information. :)

    ReplyDelete